Property Tax

Property Tax Notices are sent in May of each year via Canada Post. The deadline to pay taxes and claim your home owner grant without penalty is the first business day after July 1st . A 10 percent penalty will be assessed on all outstanding current amounts including outstanding or unclaimed home owner grants after the due date.

If you have any questions please contact City Hall @ 250-546-3023 or


The office is open 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday; however we do have a drop box beside the door for after hours. We are closed Saturdays, Sundays, as well as all Statutory Holidays.


  • Mail cheque to the City of Armstrong, PO Box 40, Armstrong BC, V0E 1B0
  • In person at your financial institution, check with them directly for hours of operation
  • Online through your financial institution – be aware of processing times and submit your payment prior to the due date to avoid penalties; ensure payments are made to Armstrong, City of
  • Property Taxes
  • Drop off cheque in drop box at City Hall after hours (located to the left of the main doors)
  • Cash, cheque, or Interac at City Hall, 3535 Bridge Street, Armstrong


Additional Information:


  • Post dated cheques are accepted; however, to avoid penalty do not make it later than the due date.
  • Post marks are not accepted as proof of receipt. Partial payments are accepted any time throughout the year at City Hall or online
  • Cheques are to be made payable to City of Armstrong– please ensure the cheque is completed in full, including signature and date
  • Credit cards are NOT accepted
  • E-Transfers are NOT accepted


Pre-pay next years taxes with our Pre-Authorized Payment Plan. Complete the form and return to City Hall.


Pre Authorized Payment Plan





Does your mortgage company pay your taxes?:


Please note that you are still required to apply for your Home Owner Grant regardless if your mortgage company pays for your property taxes. They will not apply on your behalf.


Apply to the province for home owner grants and retroactive home owner grants.


  • Apply online at
  • Apply 24/7 using a voice recognition self-serve application: Toll-free at 1-888-355-2700
  • Or speak with an agent, call toll-free at 1-888-355-2700, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding statutory holidays.


Before you call ensure you have your Social Insurance Number and Tax Notice – Jurisdiction Number: 202.


Government of BC Home Owner Grant Information

At 10:00 am on the last Monday in September, the municipal collector must conduct an annual tax sale by offering for sale by public auction each parcel of real property on which taxes are delinquent.


Delinquent taxes are any taxes remaining unpaid on December 31, two years after the year the tax was imposed. For example, taxes imposed in 2022 and still unpaid become delinquent on January 1, 2024.


Learn more about unpaid arrears and delinquent taxes due to local governments.


The tax sale is held in the council chambers at municipal hall of each municipality in B.C.

If you struggle to pay Property Taxes, the Province of BC offers two different deferment programs. To defer your taxes means the Province will pay the City on your behalf, and a loan will be applied to your property to be paid at a later date.



Information from the BC Government on Tax Deferment Programs. There are currently 2 separate programs for deferment of property taxes: Regular (55 and older, or disability), or Family with Children. Application forms are available at City Hall. 


Property Tax Deferment

Eligible non-profit organizations may apply to Council for a permissive tax exemption. 


Permissive Tax Exemption Policy


Permissive Tax Exemption Application


Province of BC Exemption Information

Tax certificates will show the tax information for a property including home owner grant and utility information. It will also show if there are any outstanding charges to the property. We provide this certificate to City of Armstrong residents free of charge. The certificate can be emailed or picked up at the office. Any non-property owner (i.e. lawyer, notary public, real estate agent) will need to go through an online option (see below) and will be charged for a tax certificate. Our Tax Certificates are conveniently available online through:



  • myLTSA Enterprise: If you have an account, log in and from the main menu, select Service Providers and Order Tax Certificates. For more information about myLTSA or to become a customer, visit myLTSA.
  • APIC: If you prefer to pay for the tax certificate by credit card, please go to APIC Canada’s website to open an account and order your Tax Certificate.

Please click on the link below to update the mailing address for your property tax notice and utility invoice.


Change of Address Form

Close Search Window