Winter Snow Removal
The City of Armstrong reminds residents to prepare for the snow clearing activities. We need your help to ensure snow removal is completed quickly and effectively:
Street Parking: Do not park on any city streets during a snowfall. Please wait until after all snow clearing activities are completed.
Snow Removal: Do not take the snow from your driveway or sidewalk and push it onto the public portion of the roadway. The extra piles of snow can create a driving hazard for passing motorists.
Placement of Garbage & Recycling Containers: Please place your garbage and recycling containers off the street or sidewalk.
The City of Armstrong Operations department thanks residents for your co-operation. For more information regarding snow removal and road maintenance during winter conditions, please review the Winter Maintenance Policy.
Fall Pruning & Yard Waste Pickup
The annual fall pruning and yard waste pickup is determined by the Operations Manager. Please contact City Hall for more information.
Roads & Sidewalks
Public works is responsible to maintain our road and sidewalk network year round. In addition to snow removal and ice control in the winter months this also includes:
- Planning and coordinating road, sidewalk and drainage construction projects
- Repairing pot holes
- Painting traffic lines
- Maintaining traffic and directional signage
- Mowing and maintaining boulevards and City owned property
- Landscape maintenance around public buildings and boulevards
- Drainage and maintenance of our Storm Sewer System
- Street sweeping
- Installation of new sidewalks
- Maintenance of existing sidewalks
- Road and sidewalk sweeping
Please see review the most up to date restrictions at the Ministry website located by clicking here.
Report a Streetlight
Street lighting in the City of Armstrong is provided through two separate systems. A City-owned street lighting system where the lights are typically on metal poles and a BC Hydro owned and operated system where the streetlights are typically on wooden or concrete poles. The City of Armstrong coordinates the streetlight maintenance and repair on City-owned streetlights and forwards trouble reports for BC Hydro streetlights to them directly for repair.
24 Hour Emergency Number is 250-546-3023
Requirements of Reporting:
- Address of the nearest home/business
- Description of where it is located (north corner of intersection, outside the blue house, etc)
- Type of pole it is attached to: Metal or Wood
Other Helpful Information:
- Follow-up Information (Phone Number or Email)
- Condition of Pole, Light is Flickering/Cycling, Light Out, Dimming, Base or Bulb Cover Replacement
Streetlights on Metal Poles
Streetlights on metal poles are typically owned by the City or, in some cases, are private streetlights.
Streetlights on Wooden Poles
Streetlights on wood or concrete poles are owned and maintained by BC Hydro. The City of Armstrong receives trouble reports for these streetlights and forwards them to BC Hydro for their action and repair. When reporting these outages please provide as much detail as possible including the closest street address (if possible).