In consultation with the City of Armstrong, B.C. Hydro will be completing a street light replacement program starting March 21, 2022. The program will see more than 200 street lights replaced with energy efficient LEDs.
According to the BC Hydro Power smart program information, these lights will improve public safety by increasing visibility throughout our community while decreasing light pollution.
Streetlighting in the City of Armstrong is provided through two separate systems:
- A City-owned streetlight system where the lights are typically on metal poles
- A BC Hydro owned and operated system where the streetlights are on wooden or concrete poles
The City of Armstrong coordinates the streetlight maintenance and repair on City-owned streetlights.
BC Hydro coordinates the streetlight maintenance and repair on BC Hydro poles.
Who to call when a streetlight needs maintenance?
• Metal Poles: City of Armstrong email@example.com or 250 -546-3023
• Wood or Concrete Poles: BC Hydro or 1-800-224-9376
Requirements of Reporting:
- Address of the nearest home/business
- Description of where it is located (north corner of intersection, outside the blue house, etc)
- Type of pole it is attached to: Metal or Wood
Other Helpful Information:
- Follow-up Information (Phone Number or Email)
- Condition of Pole, Light is Flickering/Cycling, Light Out, Dimming, Base or Bulb Cover Replacement
Streetlights on Metal Poles
Streetlights on metal poles are typically owned by the City or, in some cases, are private streetlights.
Streetlights on Wooden Poles
Streetlights on wood or concrete poles are owned and maintained by BC Hydro. The City of Armstrong receives trouble reports for these streetlights and forwards them to BC Hydro for their action and repair. When reporting these outages please provide as much detail as possible including the closest street address (if possible).