Font Size A A A

Public Works

Public Works

24 Hour Emergency Number is 250-546-3023 

This will take you to City Hall during business hours and to an answering service during off hours. The answering service will relay your message to our Public Works crew.


Okanagan Shushwap Area
Service Area 13 Public Notice #10
Pursuant to Section 66 of the Transportation Act the following load restrictions will be imposed, on the following Provincial Highways and Roads until further notice:
(Vernon, Lumby, Cherryville, Enderby, Sicamous, Salmon Arm, Falkland, Chase, Celista)
Effective 1:00am PST on June 9, 2017

  • All Provincial Numbered Routes - UNRESTRICTED
  • All Provincial Side Roads - UNRESTRICTED except as listed below
    • 50% Legal Axle Loading - (Gravel portion) Kilkenny

Ministry Contact: Danny Morris, District Operations Manager, (250) 503-3632 Issued by: Jack Bennetto, District Manager, Transportation, Okanagan Shuswap District
All overload permits on restricted routes are invalid for the duration of these restrictions. The applicable tolerances provided under 7.26(1) of the regulations pursuant to the Commercial Transport Act shall apply. Violators of the regulations and restrictions will be prosecuted. The public and trucking and transportation companies should govern themselves accordingly. Online at:


The Public Works Department provides a large number of services to our community as listed briefly below:

Roads and Streets

Plan and coordinate the annual road, sidewalk and drainage construction projects

Ensuring that our roads are maintained by repairing pot holes, painting traffic lines and maintaining traffic and directional signage

  • Mow and maintain boulevards and City owned property
  • Landscaping maintenance around public buildings and boulevards
  • Drainage
  • Snow-plowing, sanding and driveway clearing during the winter season
  • Street sweeping


  • Install new sidewalks
  • Maintain existing sidewalks
  • Clear the snow during the winter season
  • Clear the sand at the end of the winter season

Street Lights

  • Make sure that street lights are installed in new subdivision and that existing streetlights are working properly
  • You can report non-working street lights by emailing or by calling City Hall at 250-546-3023.

Water Supply

  • Ensure that we have clean and safe water
  • Maintain the distributions lines that supply you with that water
  • Look after our various water sources

Sewer Service

  • Maintain the pipes that collect sewer or wastewater
  • Proper treatment of wastewater
  • Provide treated wastewater to users of our effluent irrigation project

Shop and Vehicles

  • Maintain City owned property and vehicles

Quick Links:

Okanagan Basin Water Board: Sewage Facilities Grants

Property Damage Information Pamphlet

BC One Call